Wednesday, October 7, 2009

TexMex Corn Chip Chili

This is one of my favorite dishes to make during the fall!!!!! It is so hearty and yummy! Got this out of my Rachel Ray magazine a couple years back from a contest on the best chili's people submitted. I have changed it a bit and this is my version of it. I have begun to make it a little less spicy over the years with Kaylin eating it with us, so know that you can cut back on the chili powder and rotel. Enjoy!


2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 sweet onion finely chopped, (about 1 cup)
1-2 cloves of garlic finely chopped. (I always use 2, but I love garlic)
1 TBS chili powder, "I have cut this back to a tsp and a half when Kaylin is eating it with us, to make it not so hot.
1 tsp ground cumin
One 15-ounce can black beans
One 15-ounce can pinto beans
One 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chiles
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
12 ounces monteray jack cheese (I use block cheese and cut into pieces)
One bag corn chips, such as Fritos

In a Dutch Oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the beans, with their liquid, and the tomatoes; bring to a simmer.

Cook stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Finely chop cilantro

Stir in the cilantro,

then top with the cheese,


cover and let stand until cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Place a handful of corn chips in each bowl. Top with chili and serve.
ENJOY!


"Thats whats Delectable for Dinner Tonight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment