Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shrimp in Angel Hair Pasta Casserole



Well, I contemplated doing this recipe for a while. On one hand it was a recipe my Grandma Campbell gave me a long time ago because she knew I loved shrimp so I really wanted to try it! On the other hand it was loaded in cheese so I knew it wasn’t the healthiest recipe to be feeding my family. However, we had my Mother-in-law coming in town and I knew she liked shrimp as well, so I figured it was the perfect time to try it out. Boy am I sooooooo glad I did. This was one of the best casseroles I have tried in a long time! It was sooo yummy. It is very different than most casseroles, since it had salsa and shrimp in it, but let me tell you, it was divine! I hope you will try this "family" recipe my Grandmother passed on to me, I sure wished I had tried it sooner; it will definitely be a repeat for company! Hope you try it and like it! ENJOY.




Shrimp in Angel Hair Pasta Casserole

2 eggs
1 cup half and half
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1.2 cup grated swiss cheese
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 lb. med shrimp
1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
1 pkg angel hair pasta
1 jar (16oz) Thick and Chunky Salsa


In a bowl mix eggs, half and half, yogurt, feta and swiss cheeses, parsley, basil and oregano.
Spread half of the cooked angel hair pasta on bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish,

Cover with salsa.

Add half of the shrimp, cover with remaining pasta.

Pour and spread egg mixture over pasta, add remaining shrimp and top with monteray jack cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment