Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Parmesan Chicken

So my picture doesnt do this meal any justice! It is a pan seared Chicken Parmesan and let me tell you, it is to die for!!!! Its so simple and was even pulled from my Busy Family Cookbook, but it tastes like you've been cooking for hours! I will say the tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of oil are not particularly good for you I know, and I try not to "pan fry anything" but once in a while its okay and it was totally worth it for this recipe!  Hope you try it and like it!!!!

Parmesan Chicken

4 boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used Italian)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I actually used fresh shredded and it was great, but either will work)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 egg
1 TBS butter
1 TBS vegetable oil

Flatten chicken to 1/4 in thickness.

In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil.


In another shallow bowl, beat the egg.

Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumb mixture.




In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.



ENJOY! (Picture doesnt do it justice, it was Phenomenal!!! Crispy perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment