Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Easy "Leftover Chicken" Cacciatore!

This recipe came about on a night I had 2 cups of leftover shredded rotisserie chicken and no idea what to make for dinner. I had never made Chicken Cacciatore before, but knew that it consisted of pasta, red sauce and chicken, all of which I had on hand. So I made up an easy recipe for a "Like" Chicken Cacciatore recipe. You can add more or less of any of the ingredients I have listed below, but these were the measurements and basic ingredients I chose to put in to make it feel like the real cacciatore! Hope you try it and like it!



Leftover Chicken Cacciatore
2 cups of leftover shredded rotisserie chicken

1 Box of pasta, "I used rotoni"

2 cans of mushrooms and stems, drained

2 cans of petite tomatoes, "slightly drained both cans"

1 can tomato paste

1 TBS Italian seasoning "more or less"

2 garlic cloves minced

2 TBS olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Parmesan Cheese for garnish



In a saucepan, heat oil and minced garlic over medium heat. Gradually add 2 cans of petite tomatoes, "both slightly drained", tomato paste, Italian seasonings and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Lastly add mushrooms and chicken; mix well and bring to a 2nd simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese. “And That’s What’s Delectable for Dinner Tonight!”

1 comment: