Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19, 2009 Crunchy Peanut Chicken Stir Fry

First night of my blogging "Delectable Dinner Tonight" and I am so excited to share one of my husbands all time favorite recipe.....

Laura's Crunchy Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
This is a recipe I saw in a cookbook that I jazzed up and made my own.

YUMMMMY is all I can say about this one. It is so good and full of peanut flavoring, it gives it an oriental type of feel. This is very easy and is typical stuff you would have in a pantry. I make this very often, as I keep most of these items on hand at all times.
1. tip: For sure try to use the fresh brocolli with this one, as the frozen brocolli tends to water it down about (I buy the big bag from sams club of florets already cut up and ready to go). But if you have to use frozen I would suggest steaming it in the microwave first and draining it. then toss it into the pan cooked so it wont be as watery.

RECIPE:
1 lb of chicken breast cubbed.
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic minced
2 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
3.5 cups of fresh chopped brocolli (fresh is the only way with this one I think)
1 tbs. cornstarch
1-2 tbs. water
1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
salted roasted peanuts for topping


In a medium bowl combine peanut butter, 1/2 cup of water, soy sauce and brown sugar
Over med heat saute garlic in large pan for 1 minute. Add the cubed chicken and cook until done. Add the fresh chopped brocolli and heat for 4-5 minutes.
Pour peanut butter sauce over pan and stir for 1-2 minutes. in a small bowl combine 1TBS of cornstarch and 1 TBS of water and add to peanut butter mixture. Mix constantly This will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and serve over hot cooked rice!!!! Top with roasted peanuts and enjoy!
(Sorry forgot to take a picture tonight of this one. But it is beautiful!) More pictures to come in the future I promise!
Until next time:
"Here's to delectable dining tonight!"

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if you like anything, tried anything or just want to drop a quick line!!! Love to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying this one soon and I'm sure the others you've posted. This is a great idea and I look forward to getting recipes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooo good! Will be making it again soon!

    ReplyDelete