Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mexican Chicken Soup!



OH MY GOSH! Has it really been this long since I blogged a recipe! I am so sorry! I keep getting emails from friends asking for new recipe on the blog and I had NO idea it had been so long since my last recipe! I promise I'm on it! I have still been cooking lots of new recipes, I have just let "life" get in the way of blogging and sharing them with you.
But boy do I have a good one for you tonight! We are on a "healthier" kick at our house and I found an awesome recipe out of an old South Beach Diet cookbook I got a while back. With this "tease" of fall in the air, soup was on my mind!!!!!!!!!!
I found a very healthy Mexican Chicken Soup recipe and it was ohhh so good!
No one in my family new it was even a "healthy recipe!" THEY LOVED IT! In fact went back for seconds!
Hope you take the time to try, let me know what you think, and ultimately ENJOY! Bon Appetit!


Mexican Chicken Soup

Super fast and delicious spicy Mexican soup.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook, stirring often until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds more.
  2. Add broth (low sodium if possible), increase heat to high, and bring to a rapid simmer. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
  3. Stir in salsa, bring back to a simmer, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
  4. I actually added fresh cilantro in to mine to give it even more of a Mexican feel. chop up a handful and sprinkle at the last step, or garnish each bowl with some!
  5. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment