Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Corder Coffee Pot Roast"




Well, I got a Crockpot for Christmas this year which was a great gift knowing I would be a little tied up with 2 children when trying to prepare dinners in the evenings now. It definitely comes in handy when you don't want to fool with thinking about what’s for dinner at 5pm in the evening. However, I definitely plan to make delectable dinners from scratch as often as I can still (it’s my passion!).
I made a coffee pot roast last night and it was divine! :) I’m not big on pot roasts but this one I found online sounded worth trying. I put a little of my own spin on it and kind of made it my own, so I named it Corder Coffee Pot Roast as opposed to just Coffee Pot Roast. I figured a Crockpot recipe every now and then could still be a delectable entry for the blog, so here it is. Hope you try it and enjoy it!

Corder Coffee Pot Roast
2 large onions quartered
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs chuck roast
1 cup brewed coffee
1/4 cup soy sauce
pepper to taste
1/4 cup cornstarch
8 tablespoons cold water


Quarter the beef roast.
Place half of the onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot.
Add half the beef.
Repeat.
Combine the coffee and soy sauce over beef and onions.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.


Remove beef.
Combine the cornstarch and water whisking to smooth.
Add to the juices in crockpot and stir well.
Return beef to crockpot and cover, cooking for another 30 minutes on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment